Monday 26 October 2009

EGYPT: Race for The Cure












Unprecedented Collaboration Helps to Break the Silence in Egypt! As most of you know, my eldest Daughter is living in Cairo. My Egypt Girl is missed every second by moi, but when I wake up and discover a laptop full of photographic updates, it makes me feel closer to her and most proud that she was involved in this historic event. (there are misconceptions and a cultural stigma surrounding breast cancer in Egypt) She and her merry band of do-gooders participated in no doubt the world's most 'exotic' - first ever - Race for the Cure around the pyramids. (Egypt’s breast cancer movement raced forward at the historic Pyramids of Giza.) A mighty gathering of Egyptians and international visitors ran and walked across the Pyramids site to raise awareness about breast cancer during the "1st" Race for the Cure in the Middle East, organized by Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the Breast Cancer Foundation of Egypt under the auspices of the First Lady of Egypt, H.E. Mrs. Suzanne Mubarak. (My Egypt Girl is the blond with black pants - far right second photo at top) Hugs across the miles my darling. Thank you for being a 'giver' in this world. I love you. xo











4 comments:

Kitty said...

what an amazing experience that must have been! my cousins and i have done the race in indianapolis a few times in honor of my mother, but the egypt venue is definitely more interesting! kudos to your daughter and her friends!

Fabulously French said...

Well done your your daughter, an experience that she will never forget. Lucky girl living in Egypt - I adore it as it reminds me a lot of Turkey where I lived for a year.

Leeann x

Isabel said...

Be a proud momma :)
Kudos to your beautiful daughter!

Teresa @ good-grace said...

AWESOME!!! You've raised a lovely young woman!! And hooray for them running the race for the cure ... alllll the way over there! Bravo!!