Monday 20 July 2009

Peggy, Timmys and Yard Sales





One of my top, top, top, bestest (word?) memories of living in the city was getting up real early every Saturday morning in the hot summer to hit the road with my BFF Peggy. We'd head to Tim's for 2 brewed coffees and smoke our brains out from house to house; searching for hidden treasures - other people's junk - our joy. Oh, it was so fun. Later in the afternoon we'd stop at the Newfie shop for Pineapple Crush or Lime Pop and Creme Soda. And then more smokes before we'd head home with our loaded trunk. These days I travel in the beach sipping coffee, usually alone....no cigarette packages on the dash..and look what I found! Shiny pewter candle sticks and a turquoise necklace to swoon over. Peggy, these photographs are for you. Thinking of you always. LPxo

2 comments:

Isabelle Lafleche said...

Yard sales are the best! I stop at each one I meet!

Di Overton said...

What a fabulous necklace