Saturday 20 September 2008

How Tweet



Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing? You decide how many times a day or hour you would like to tell the world what you are doing, such as: I'm watching Larry King and you must turn it on now! or I'm reading the current issue of the new Domino magazine. What are your thoughts on Kelly W. people? And I want Rita's job and I'm coming for ya...I'm not joking by the way..Now each time you update it's called a 'Tweet'. Just think of birds on a wire talking to each other, tweet, tweet. You are only given 140 characters per update (that's about the length of one cheeky sentence), so it's also a great way to brush up on your writing skills. Now here's the fun part. You decide who you want to follow - you will be a little birdy sitting on their windowsill peeping inside their life. (You can be a Bond Girl or James...a real spy) Currently, I am following Obama, Hillary, Oprah, Rick Sanchez (heartbeat thump thump) and some family members. Also, people have decided to follow me. Some I know, some I don't. One of them is Barack! (well his team) You may allow people to follow you or you may block them. You can decide to follow Britney Spears this morning, but remove her from your 'follows' this afternoon. You may 'Twitterberry' from your Blackberry (did you know Research in Motion - another stellar stock pick - is just a few hours from my home and employs 5000 Canadians?) or from your laptop/desktop. If you don't Twitter soon, you will miss the birdbath. Be an early adopter and join today. It's free. Do not underestimate the power of this social media. Big companies are watching us, you can watch others to gain a sense of trends, opinions - then chirp into a new business or product. Political campaigns. Netroots (Grassroots groups but for the internet)Large ad agencies are listening. Twitter is going to be massive. I love Twitter. It's 'My Little Robin's Egg'. Twitter, if you are reading this...I really deserve a finders fee.

Did you know that if you search under Etsy jewelry tags, birds - 8759 results pop up? That's birdseed for the visually inspired. Adorn Jewelry flys high.
Update: found this great post by Digital Socialite, a Canadian blogger from T.O.
5 Reasons for Anyone to use Twitter

No comments: