Monday 2 June 2008

Hillary Clinton's Political Obituary

"People have been trying to get me out of this race since Iowa and my political obituary has yet to be written and we're going forward," she told reporters Sunday before leaving Puerto Rico, where she snared 68 percent of the vote to win the majority of the delegates in the Caribbean U.S. territory.

I feel sad for her. She refuses to quit. That counts for a ton for me. What an example she has been to women every where. That's a role model worth watching. (No, I don't have a say or a vote, but damn it, I have an opinion and that's got to count for something. Right?)

She can still do it. The media have influenced the vote between Obama and Hillary. They assume (and have all along) that he will be the nominee. That's why I feel sad for her. But wait....Hold onto the reigns....and ladies, sadly it may be another 200 years before another woman gets this close. And that's even sadder.

No comments: