Sunday 24 February 2008

Leadership Boot Camp & A Feisty Comment

Well it was bound to happen. When you talk politics, they come out swinging. (read comment #10 and the one from cranky anon) Back to that in a minute, but first: Got my sexy intimates (girdle) packed, comfy flats, silk scarf and office chair. I'm off to bootcamp for a week in Toronto. I'm going to be fine-tuning my leadership skills. So, while I'm away, enjoy this set of Frank Horvat photographs. Frank Horvat was born in 1928 in what was then Italy and is now Croatia. He studied art in Milan and a meeting in 1951 with Henri Cartier-Bresson decided his fate as a photojournalist. He traveled the world in the early 50s and sent his work back to Paris Match, Life and Realities among other magazines. In 1956 he settled in Paris and began to photograph fashion with a reportage style: real life situations, ambient lighting and 35mm cameras. During his long career, Frank Horvat has contributed to every major magazine and his work has been exhibited in Paris, London, Prague, Berlin and New York. Now, when I get back hopefully I will be a better 'Leader'; feisty (full of animation, energy, or courage; spirited; spunky; plucky: The champion is faced with a feisty challenger.) and most certainly I will be dreaming of becoming a better photographer. I'm going to scout while I'm in T.O. - I'm going to be on the lookout for some secretaries (lobbyist) who look like this. (What the hell is that on her head?)One can hope. What are the chances?

While I'm Away: Who blogs in these States? VT TX OH RI
What's your take on all this?
Cote de Texas: What are you thinking? (I've always referred to you as 'feisty')
I hope Made by Girl creates some really cool VOTE cards & posters. Girl Power.

1 comment:

Absolutely Ladylike said...

What a great picture! Thanks for the post!