Monday 4 February 2008

Yes We Can Song

I am a Canadian. I do not have a vote in your elections. But! What happens in your country deeply effects what happens in our country. We watch your elections more closely than we watch our own. Why? Because Americans have the most power on the planet. Because we are your friends and neighbours. We have been so sad about what is going on in the world right now. So much suffering. So much poverty. So much war. It is my opinion that there is no reason why the entire planet can't live in peace and prosperity. Something is not working. Together we can make the necessary changes. I wish I had a vote. But I don't. Won't you please watch this video. (Really great melody) We need all of you to vote for change so we can all do what's best for our global family, together. We don't need someone who can inspire your country. We need someone who can inspire the entire world. Any change will be so exciting. We'll be peeking in to see it all unfold!

If she can take a stand within her own truth in opposition to her husband, then anyone can take a stand.
Image: ffffound (and what a stunning illustration it is)

4 comments:

design dna said...

change, change, change. for the love of who you believe in, we need CHANGE!!!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

hear hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pink of Perfection said...

today is a big day, and it all feels very tense. we shall see what happens!

Anonymous said...

I'm an American living in Quebec and I'm not feeling what I should from my country of birth. Honestly, I'm saddened by the Primaries. Don't know which politician is being more honest (biggest dang oxymoron).

If you would go through old votes from previous elections, you would be surprised to learn how many times Mickey Mouse has won. They just don't want to announce a cartoon as President...