Saturday 7 November 2009

Business Balls. I Mean Bulbs.
















"Smack dab in the middle of a recession, the middle of a floundering block, in the middle of New York City I decided it would be fun to open a store with a HUGE sign in bright neon green that read GROW. I had a sneaking suspicion that other designers and architects had discovered the fantastic Deco loft buildings being vacated by a the furriers who were going out of business, like I had, and moved their businesses into their beautiful open spaces. My hope was, that being close to the flower district, but not in it, we might attract the folks GREENING their apartments, terraces and backyards as well as the pros in the biz. The best part of moving onto the same street our offices have been on for 3 years is that we are finally meeting our neighbors…landscape architects, interior designers, structural engineers, building contractors, architects, lighting designers…and that’s just on this block! So my dream is coming true.. I wanted to open a store/showroom where the GROWing industry of urban living, green roof gardening and organic home design merged and I wanted to be on a block that was growing. And I think we did it." - Rebecca Cole




(Now that's how to GROW a store and a business. It takes balls. I mean bulbs.) Love, love, love Rebecca Cole.



Top Photo Credit: (with interesting article) NYTimes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going Bananas for Liberty Post!

The swedish one...

Agneta

Laura in Paris said...

Green environment!

life in red shoes said...

Absolute genius, love it!

Gypsy Purple said...

Congratulations!!! .....love it and best of luck with an successful venture!