"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine." It states definitively: "We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."
Soon we will hear the bizarre and frightening toxocology results for Michael Jackson. Perhaps we (global society in general) should consider a few options:
1. Throw our arms in the air and quit trying to figure out addictions. Is it just human nature?
2. Arrest Doctor's for perscribing so many drugs to one human.
3. Give scientists enough cash to discover the addiction gene so we know who is at risk.
4. Educate our children about perscription drug abuse as well as pot, cocaine and meth.
5. Take away an individual's rights entirely if they are 'on' too many drugs and commit them.
6. Slap the drug companies with 'automatic closure' if they continue to sell drugs based on greed.
7. Stay away from Pam's, Lam's and Mine's.
The top photo was taken yesterday at the Wax Museum in Niagara Falls. This was the 'most crowded' place here in the last few days. I suppose people were thinking of Heath and thinking of Michael and thinking of the whole darn seemingly uncontrollable situation of drug use. This insane figure of Heath was in a window facing the street. People just stood there in silence; contemplation - starring at Heath - his waxy life flashing in everyone's hearts and minds. So sad. So terrifying.