Sunday 25 May 2008

Ropeboard With Me (If you get queasy..Beware) or What do you get when you mix Tony Hawk with Tarzan?





















For a moment put away all your fears of flying and heights. Imagine me lying on the dirt, flat on my back, camera pointed to the far reaching canopy of the tree-tops - taking photos of my son and his merry friends. Air-Boarding (Ropeboarding)..Part Cirque du Soleil, part skateboarding, part swing set, part snowboarding, part water skiing. This is a big difference from hopscotch or four square. This takes guts. At first I was like 'You've got to be kidding me. You're going to do what? With no safety net?' and then once I got past the over protective mama role and shifted into my photographer role, I was amazed. Exhilarated. Watching them was truly incredible. You could sense their feeling of freedom of flight on their faces. It was like ballet in motion. A big trend. Yes, a new youth trend. Marketers are scratching their heads now. How does a company capitalize on this new extreme sport which started in Kitchener, Ontario? Oh well, at least my 12 year old son is not 'Zorbing'....yet. Now that I have your attention (cause I know you can't wait to try this at home), you too can ropeboard. All you need is a roof, a rope, an old tree, an old skateboard, a water ski rope with bar and a ladder. (support bra?) Tie the rope to the tree. Climb up to the roof and jump off. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....... Watch this!





No comments: