Friday 16 November 2007

Dr. Oz






Just to prove it to you (that we get snow this early in Canada), I took a shot of our street corner - see what has fallen like fluffy bits this morning! Notice how grey the photo is. Yuck. That's how our winters are - no sun - and that's why Dr. Oz is suggesting that people who live in the north take lots of "D" pills to stay sane. (Find your age group in the link to download the list that's right for you) The good doctor snacks on walnuts all day. Well, I only have peanuts in the house. A whopping 320 calories for 1/3 cup. Am I reading this bag correctly? Nuts. O.K. Sip, taken my C & D as I write this.
Now, on to happy thoughts.... the holiday details are seeping onto the main floor; up from the storage area below. I think it is time to get into the mood. The weather leads the way in Canada. Come the first blizzard, people start shopping, baking and planning parties. Sparkly lights and fires burning. Busy days and cozy nights. Candles flickering and memories ignited. Festive foods about and gift lists growing by the day. Seems like we have time to prepare, but before we know it, it will be over. Have you started yet?

No comments: