Monday 22 October 2007

Guess Who Lives Here





Yes. There is life in these ramshackle, worn & torn structures. I couldn't believe it. I drove past this several times....it's hidden away in a sad, decomposing woodland off the highway. It could be in a third world country, but it's actually in Ontario. Given that it is Halloween week and knowing that clearly this isn't a favorite holiday of mine, I felt a bit spooked...but! I got the courage to pull the car over and approach the property. To my surprise, someone was there and I asked them if they minded if I took some photos. They said, with a haunting grin, 'yes, come on in' (did I ask if I could come in? I just wanted to sneak a shot from behind the chain link fence where I felt so much safer...that way I could run if I had to - if panic set in!) They unchained the wreckage that was the pad-locked gate. My cousin, who was hiding in the car, kept yelling-whispering to me, 'No, no, don't go in. Come back to the car. Let's get outta here!' Yikes! So, I want to keep you in suspense this week and it is, after all, 'Original Content Week'....(and for you decorating addicts...bare with me 'cause you have to admit, design comes in all shapes and sizes...doesn't it?) - You will have to tune in tomorrow to see who lives here.....but for now, I want you to tell me 'Who Lives Here'...what's your Guess???

5 comments:

Mélanie said...

Who can live here ?
I don't have any clue !
I can't wait for the next post

Felicia said...

Wow! Creepy! Excellent photos though. Did Billy the Kid live there? :)

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Ah, much worse...filthy, creepshow worse!

cotedetexas said...

You are insane girl! You're lucky he wasn't a serial murderer!!!!!! I read the next posts to see who lives there - gawd. spooookkyyyy. What's the original content week? i'm out of it, I guess.

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Just click on Decorno/Original Content Week in this post to see what it's all about...basically, original photos for the week...anything goes really. It's Decorno's baby! Fun!