Monday 17 September 2007

Canadian Geese & The Snowbirds





Whenever I hear the Canadian Geese flying over the house, I know (and I dread) that they are heading south. Winter is around the corner. (Love your post Decorno!) It is snowing in some parts of our country already. Canadians call people who go down south to escape the winter 'Snowbirds'. Why aren't they just called 'Canadian Geese'? I know, I know. The name came from a very famous Canadian song that debuted in 1970. I imagine all those geese lounging on these chairs at the Bellagio, white towels around their black necks and glittery gold ankle bracelets. This hotel is nothing short of divine. You must go! Fly Away Home! (You will love this music video based on a true Canadian story. This family lived a few miles from me. The farmer was called 'Father Goose' - and if you haven't seen the movie, rent the DVD!)

"Spread your tiny wings and fly away
And take the snow back with you
Where it came from on that day
So, little snowbird, take me with you when you go
To that land of gentle breezes where the peaceful waters flow..." - Anne Murray

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those lucky Snowbirds. They sure get around! Wasn't the poem that Decorno posted great.

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

I must say it is wonderful.