Tuesday 6 October 2009

Shocking News x 2


That nobody seems to be commenting on. The biggy is the FTC decision to fine bloggers $11,000.00 if they accept money and/or gifts from people/companies they write about, without letting their readers know!!! The F.T.C. said that beginning on Dec. 1, bloggers who review products must disclose any connection with advertisers, including, in most cases, the receipt of free products and whether or not they were paid in any way by advertisers, as occurs frequently. The second one is Cookie Magazine is closing. Now if I was a young Mom, this would be the mag I'd subsribe to. It's delightful. Taylor Darling and Ms. Ange are going to miss it. Why don't all these magazines just hold off and publish exclusively on the Apple Tablet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think transparency is always a good thing. The problem will be enforcement, that will be a nightmare for everyone.

La Belette Rouge said...

Is that for real? I am all for transparency but $11,000 seems a little steep.

I didn't even know Cookie existed. Sorry to hear that it crumbled.

Irene said...

What???Cookie closing? Oh my God! I really really loved it.Honestly, Cookie, Tatler and Country Living are the magazines I was considering keeping in my Christmas subscriptions list!
Do let us know if you learn anything new!