Thursday 24 September 2009

The Promise of New York


O.K.. So here's a couple of things. (let's get 'bloggy'. let's get short, chatty and conversational) - Isn't that what we bloggers do best? I was wondering if you were wondering why I was featuring some NYC blog posts this week. Well, yes! There is a reason. I'm expecting a 'secret package' from that city. (so I will share when I get it!) And plus, something happens when I do write about New York. Readers like it. Readers become engaged in the conversation. Readers start to share too. And that leads me to Teresa who told me about her cousin, a blogger, who went ahead and made documentary film. (and you my Dear Reader, you know that about me...I love documentary films!) A film of the people, by the people, for the people. How 'New York' is that! The Promise of New York is a film about a blogger turned stand-up comic, an obsessive political gadfly and a high-school math teacher compete against each other and arch rival incumbent Michael Bloomberg for the post of New York City mayor. As these ordinary citizens take politics into their own hands, The Promise of New York explores the meaning of democracy and the identity of a city with hilarious irreverence and thought-provoking sensitivity. Kinda like the story of blogs......

1 comment:

Teresa said...

oh my goodness! You must never sleep!! :) (I love films like this - smart and irreverant! ...also kind of like a lot of blogs, huh?)