In case you're wondering what it would be like to have a phone conversation with me....here's the post. First things first. I love the phone. I could have it surgically attached to the side of my face and I think I would go so far as to say that I love the phone almost as much as my laptop. (le sigh) And I did not get this phone-affection-condition from my Mother. Oh no, she detests the phone! Her conversations are like 'abrupt-one-word-slamming-can-we-get-off-now-experiences'. She is a yup/nope type of phone talker. I on the other hand am a philosophical/grey area talker. My Aunt and I can literally chat for hours. I mean hours. I am extremely random. I can talk about many things at the same time, interrupt; change direction mid-sentence - ask to go back to topics - yadda yadda yadda. Take today for instance. If we were to call each other, here are the topics I would introduce.
1. GM going broke. Duh. You pay people too much to put one bolt in one hole. (no disrespect I assure you.)
2. U.S. Health Care break-out groups at the White House today. No discussion needed or necessary. Come on people! There is no society without healthy citizens. No where! All health care should be FREE, as it is here in Canada. Get on with it.
3. Britney Spears is back. She looks so hot. She is brave. And she is my gal. (second only to Madonna) You remember how I feel about Brit don't you.....
4. NFL players lost at sea. Ahem. How many of you still think they could be alive? Why are these families so full of faith? It boggles my mind. I don't know if I could be like that.
5. Walmart sales are up. So, we all keep shopping there. Eventually this company will put all other businesses 'out of business' - therefore there will be no other companies to hire us - therefore we will no longer even have the money to shop at Walmart - therefore, Walmart will go bankrupt. You heard it here first. (it's just like the rise and fall of Rome isn't it?)
6. I'm coveting the new foundation powder from Smashbox. But it's $59 damn it and would that seem 'unrecession-lady-like'? (I'll just hide the bag in my purse; no one needs to know that I'm indulging) Are you hiding your small indulgences too?
7. Oh....my....have you seen The Great House at Greystone Estate photo slide show? It's an unoccupied Beverly Hills mansion that received the show house treatment and blossoms under the care of some of the most distinguished interior and landscape designers in the industry. Ga Ga.
8. Tracy Porter has a fab how-to video. She is sharing her Rustic Roasted Tomato Bread Soup.
9. I'm going to do my income taxes this afternoon. I'm organized and ready. Can you believe it?
10. I've kinda fallen in love with the Canon G9. Anyone else? You can actully buy one from my little shop. (I promise you, I won't be like Walmart - I won't make your company go broke - I won't allow you to lose your job.) The one you see up there is Martha's sitting in her home blog studio. (Blog Studio? I need to get myself one of those.) Ah, what? What did you say? I'm behind the times already? There's a G10?
Well, I've talked your ear off long enough. Let's hang up now. You say goodbye first.