Friday 27 March 2009

My Cheating Guilt-Filled Heart

How could I commit such a horrible sin? How could I turn my back on the love of my life? My dear Golden Retrievers. I've had such a long and happy affair with them. This week I slipped up. I actually thought I would love another; another breed. That little Norfolk Terrier Woody was such a flirt. I couldn't resist him. I caved. But I slept on it and this morning I remembered my vows. My dream of having a happy family of 2 Goldens sprawled out on my white denim covered sofas. Hair billowing, blowing and collecting in all my corners. (wisped outside daily; floating in the air and softly landing on the ground - perfect for baby bird nests.) I no longer want that Woody. Someone else can have him. I want a delightful, cuddly Retriever for my 50th Birthday. I have changed my wicked, wicked ways. Desire is a dangerous thing.

4 comments:

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

I will be 50 in June!

mimi said...

I too suffer dog lust and can never decide on one breed. I love them all, mutts included.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

and Golden's have the best smiles, don't they?

Jackie said...

You know, I'm pretty sure that Paige would forgive your wandering eyes if you found her a date with a handome man...then you could have a WHOLE HOUSE FULL of little fuzzballs, and one of them could come join us on the farm! Ted and I would love to have a Golden, and I adore Paige - doesn't everyone love a gorgeous blonde? ;)