Tuesday 10 March 2009

Best Actress Leading (Right) Role, Devil's Advocate



I've shocked and awed many people today by admitting I bought an Ann Coulter book and was reading it. Yes, I remain "very" Liberal. People...It's all an act. It's a comedy sketch too. She loves to get under our skin and boy oh boy this flamethrower knows how to bring in the loonies. (that's Canadian for dollars....appropriate isn't it?) I'm learning how to lose friends and influence people. I'm going to go out on my funny bone here and declare that Ms. Coulter is nothing short of brilliant. Come to think of it, so many people actually do look like fiddles. (and she's playing them) I am loving hating her. Ha!



Polemics is the practice of disputing or controverting religious, philosophical, political, or scientific matters. As such, a polemic text on a topic is often written specifically to dispute or refute a position or theory that is widely viewed to be beyond reproach. See also: Devil's Advocate: In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who takes a position, sometimes one he or she disagrees with, for the sake of argument. This process can be used to test the quality of the original argument and identify weaknesses in its structure.
Good Night. It's almost midnight here. Morrow.


No comments: