Wednesday 28 January 2009

Thank You Lonny

It happens every other week. I kick it around in my head. Should I keep going or call it quits and move on to new projects like my friend Mackin Ink? (we miss you) And then wonderful things happen. My daughter called to let me know her 'love' feels I am a 'writer' first (not a photographer first), which thrilled me of course. Then this morning I was moved to find out that a photographer/stylist team from Domino Magazine featured my photo/styling work (a make-up corner of my studio with a Marilyn Monroe print) on a post announcing their new company. Thank You Lonny!


Lonny is a comprehensive photography and styling team comprised of photographer Patrick Cline and designer Michelle Adams. The duo met in New York in 2007 at a photo shoot for domino magazine, and have since collaborated on lifestyle and interiors projects.



Patricks extensive knowledge and love of photography began in London in 1997 where he assisted some of Londons premiere photographers. He spent nearly a decade honing his skills on projects ranging from fashion editorial and car photography to digital retouching and commercial printing. In 2006 Patrick made the move to New York and founded his company Brand Arts, where he has since worked with clients in the cosmetic, fine arts and design industries.



Michelle trained her eye for styling and design at a young age by combing flea markets and secondhand shops for quirky finds. She later studied interior, fashion and textile design at Michigan State University and spent a summer in London working for legendary textile designer Zandra Rhodes at the Fashion and Textile Museum. In 2006 Michelle moved to New York to work for domino magazine where she assisted the Decoration Editor on sourcing products, organizing photo shoots, and pitching new designers and trends. She has recently founded an organic interiors company called Rubie Green and works and resides in East Harlem.



Lonny is available to assist in the development and communication of brand identity through strategic photography, styling and design.


Share/Save/Bookmark
Subscribe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Their work is gorgeous, I just went and checked it out!

Anonymous said...

hahhh. Don't you dare quit on us!!!!

MABELLE said...

Wow! I just wanted to let you know how incredibly flattered and excited Patrick and I were to stumble upon this post!! We cannot thank you enough for helping us spread the word of our newest venture :) Your work is absolutely incredible too, and I'm so happy that I was able to help remind you of that! I've had that image stored on my computer for AGES, and have been waiting to post it on my blog! Glad I did when I did :) On another note, do you know what that Marilyn photo is called? It's beautiful, and I can't get enough of how you've styled it ;)
Thanks again!!
Xo MA.