Thursday 8 January 2009

British Love and The Union Jack Lover




















Years ago when I was VP of Tincap & Tweed Ltd. (a home accessories company - also the exclusive Canadian distributor for CBK and Claire Murray), I designed a line of Union Jack/British inspired products. It didn't matter what we created, the retailers bought up the lines within minutes. The allure and romance and graphic appeal of this flag still holds true today. I have a never ending file on my laptop of British images, which I still love. These are just a few. Around the same time I had a family room decorated in Americana. Everyone who came in swooned over the space, except the few who didn't get it. They'd say, 'Why do you have all the U.S. stuff? Are you American?' What flag inspired designs do you like?










No comments: