Monday 1 December 2008

Congratulations Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

You truly are a woman in charge. I so wanted you to win the Presidential nomination. And then, when you didn't, my heart and soul was handed over to Barack. And then he won and I was beyond over-the-moon happy, but I did not forget you. I thought about you often and wondered how you were feeling; how were you handling the events - the historical events. Were you ranting, complaining, crying, disappointed...did you talk about this; sharing your sorrow - or did you internalize it? Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps you were planning your next opportunity to serve the people. You weren't down. You were still moving 'up'. And now, I am so pleased for you and for the world. You deserve this and I do believe that, for you, the best is yet to come. Thank You Hillary. We are so very proud of you.

"The United States Secretary of State is the head of the United States Department of State, concerned with foreign affairs. The Secretary is a member of the President's Cabinet and the highest-ranking cabinet secretary both in line of succession and order of precedence. The current United States Secretary of State is Condoleeza Rice. The next Secretary of State, if confirmed by the U.S. Senate, will be Hillary Rodham Clinton."