Sunday 5 October 2008

Gypsy Caravan






I tend to do things in clusters. Something peaks my interest or finds genuine inspiration in my gut and I run with it. One of the things I try to do is this: Open Your Eyes. Open my eyes to other realities or lives. I try to remain open to learn all I can. I am, at heart, a researcher. I love to dig up new information and then of course share it all with you.


This weekend was my personal treat to myself. Watch documentary films. First it was Born to Brothels, next My Kid Could Paint That and finally, Gypsy Caravan. All, so very different, with a message of creativity and how the arts can heal a life, change a life and enrich a life.

An audience favorite at film festivals worldwide, GYPSY CARAVAN is a gorgeous surround-sound celebration of misery and oppression turned into music. GYPSY CARAVAN is a dazzling display of the musical world of the Roma, juxtaposed to the real world they live in. This rich feature documentary celebrates the luscious music of top international Gypsy performers and interweaves stirring real life tales of their home life and social background. The film takes place during the Gypsy Caravan concert tour, as well as on location in Spain, Macedonia, Romania and India.


Gypsy Caravan is a doc dedicated to the decade of Roma inclusion (2005-2015), an initiative of 8 governments and the UN, George Soros and the World Bank joining Roma communities to fight poverty and discrimination. The film hopes to bring awareness and prioritization to education, employment, housing and health.



Feel the passion of documentaries and open your eyes. (and hearts)

No comments: