Thursday 18 September 2008

Would You Could You Should You

Isn't it true that the people in this world who seem to have the best influencing skills are the ones who know how to make others feel important? After all, each of us have that invisible plaque on our forehead that is engraved with the words: 'Make me feel special' I have been putting into action a positive strategy for getting things done...by others. Instead of always saying, 'Could you do...', I've started saying, 'Would you mind.....'. It's like sheer magic. Could you equals 'I'm telling you to do this', Would you mind equals 'It's up to you. You have a choice, but it would be really, really nice if you do it.' It is as though a secret newly discovered Egyptian tome has been opened up to deliver good luck into my world. So should you start using the phrase would you, is quite simply up to you. You could consider it.

2 comments:

Rebecca Corvese said...

A little bit of nice goes a long way...

life in red shoes said...

I'm going to try this, I need all the help I can get!