Thursday 12 June 2008

Iowa Boy Scouts and A Tornado

I am still wide awake. 12:45 am. My mind is chasing and carrying worries for all those mothers in Iowa this evening. Little Sioux Scout Ranch. 13 to 18 years old. Break your heart; Nature's fury. While we fuss about getting the wrong paint colour for our kitchens or inappropriate throw cushions, there are families hoping for nothing more than to hug their child. Hug him so tight never let go love tight. Tears streaming down their faces. Relief or devastation. I am still wide awake. 12:48 am. My mind is chasing and carrying worries for all those mothers in Iowa this evening....if you want me to, I will pace with you.....

3 comments:

Diane Mandy said...

It's so so terrible!

Suzanne said...

I was up late last night also. I cannot imagine the terror and confusion those boys and their leaders experienced. This morning I heard that everything had happened so fast they had no chance to prepare or act.

The parents of these boys were sent to that terrible place. The place that none of us want to visit. Just the thought of my child being in danger cuts like a knife.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

That's is horrible. Thank you for your sweet post. everything is going well, just a lot to do with school.