Wednesday 23 April 2008

Weenie & A Lemonade





It isn't exactly what you would call 'culinary fanciness', but this is the stuff of small-town Canada. Serving up hot dogs and fresh-squeezed lemonade. There is just something about the smell of the smoky BBQ's readying the wieners or bratwurst (yum..with fried onions) that says 'come get me baby'. I love them smothered with mustard and hot peppers. Have I told you that I don't like relish. It's true. I'm a big pickle gal, but not sweet relish. Yuck. Heaven is to wash the dog down with the ever so slightly sweet lemonade. I could gulp several large cups. So refreshing. Filled with ice chips. Oh, Canada.

Treat Yourself Today:

6 lemons - squeeze the juice
1 cup sugar, or to taste (I use less sugar)
4 cups cold water
1 lemon , cut into cartwheel slices
ice cubes

More fresh recipes here.

1 comment:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Many years ago my husband and I would go to Costco just to get the jumbo bratwurst. Yum. Great date night fun on the cheap.

Happy day!
Melissa