Friday 4 January 2008

I just can't seem to say his name right

Could be that my lips are frostbitten from the gnarly Canadian winter or it's a word association thing happening, but every time I want to say Barack Obama, I say Osama bin Laden. I had a long conversation about this with my Mom the other night while we watched AC. I couldn't believe it! She has the same problem. Tongue-tied over a potential President. Might it be genetic? I'm off to Montreal on a business trip so I'll do a random focus group questionnaire with some associates and see if my Mom and I are 'nuts' or in good company. We have made an executive decision though. From now on we are going to call him. 'B.O.' We realize it's the other guy that stinks, but this is how it's gotta be. Out of respect. Oh Oh. Sigh.

4 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

that made me LOL:)

Joanna Goddard said...

(wait, do people still say LOL?)

Adla said...

:) B.O aww poor obama heheheh By the way loving your blog.glad I stumbled on it..Loving the post on Oprah and the roses...great tips.
Shall back to visit!

Adla at www.vintagedelights.blogspot.com

Elle Jay Bee said...

I am so excited that this race is coming down to a woman and a black man!! I love when glass ceilings are broken!! Now if I just knew more about their takes on the important stuff...

Linda