Tuesday 15 January 2008

Hermes = Highway Robbery = Have Your Say


I have a Love/Hate relationship with Hermes. I have never bought a thing there, but I would love to. I have never received a gift from there, but I would love to. I get such a creative rush going into their stores and filling my soul with inspiration. Founded in 1837, this brand is the ultimate in luxury. But, I have an issue with Hermes. I can't justify 'some' of their pricing. Am I the only one? Seriously, now be completely honest with us all here....would you or would you not buy a 36"x 60" printed terrycloth beach towel from Hermes for $465.00 U.S.? (Better get the cotton toile beach bag to match for $850.00.) Even if you are/were/will be/plan to be rich, rich, rich? Sounds like Pacific Coast Highway Robbery to me. (or the true definition of fashion 'Victim')

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me how these luxury stores thrive even in the darkest of recessions.

Personally I'm really a big fan of their boxes, (same with Tiffany).

Mélanie said...

May I confess it ?? I 'm in love with Hermes , For me they are the best .
I would die for a Kelly bag.
You are right they are pretty expensive and some articles like the bath towells are not worth it .
But when you see how they work , their tradition , for the bags it is all hand sewed , the leathers are the best ...
Well I cen just cry , and Hope some day my prince will buy me this dreamed bag ...

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Beautiful but outrageously expensive. A senior manager at Hermes buys bags for his whole family at Place Vendome in Marrakech - you should make a beeline when you come:-)

Brilliant Asylum said...

I have the book Deluxe on my bedstand and cannot wait to have the curtain pulled on the luxury good industry.

However, I do love the Hermes look!

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Let's say it cost them hmmm....$3.79 to manufacture that beach towel..so what's the profit margin? Time to start a fashion house.