My husband asked me to stop using the phrase 'Blah Blah Blah'. Have I been using it a lot, I asked myself. I guess I have. Where did I pick this phrase up? How did I catch it? Is it contagious? What are the symptoms? Is there a cure or association where I can go for advocacy, support and education? Perhaps I could start a non-profit dedicated to the proliferation of overused 'sayings' and 'verbs' and 'adjectives'. I am a word Gypsy. I move around from a to z searching for linguistic happiness. Alas my traveling letter life is just like a mirage in the Egyptian desert. It's not real. True healing does not exist. Blah. Blah. Blah.Pages
▼
Wednesday, 6 August 2008
Blah Blah Blah
My husband asked me to stop using the phrase 'Blah Blah Blah'. Have I been using it a lot, I asked myself. I guess I have. Where did I pick this phrase up? How did I catch it? Is it contagious? What are the symptoms? Is there a cure or association where I can go for advocacy, support and education? Perhaps I could start a non-profit dedicated to the proliferation of overused 'sayings' and 'verbs' and 'adjectives'. I am a word Gypsy. I move around from a to z searching for linguistic happiness. Alas my traveling letter life is just like a mirage in the Egyptian desert. It's not real. True healing does not exist. Blah. Blah. Blah.
OH! But blah blah blah is such an important part of any sentence structure. Could it be that he's a man? I mean, not wanting to stereo type here, but...
ReplyDeleteBlah blah blah could implies that you trust the person in front of you to understand you. I say yaddi yaddi yaddah.
ReplyDeleteYou could always try, "yada, yada, yada..." !!
ReplyDelete